This is a recipe for making filter coffee from the beans. I had coffee beans from Kilimanjaro which tempted me to try this out. It's said that the coffee is generally consumed black. However, I think if you prepare any coffee from the beans, it can be had with milk with the same great flavor.YOU NEED A GRINDER/BLENDER & A COFFEE FILTER
- Grind the coffee beans in a mixie/grinder/blender. Depending on your coffee beans, the level of fine grinding will vary.
- Transfer the powder to a container for long storage.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the coffee powder in filter.
- Boil water and pour boiling water over the coffee powder in the filter.
- Cover the filter with its lid and wait for 5-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, the decoction will be collected at the bottom of the filter container.
- Transfer the decoction and depending on the strength of the coffee, you can pour more water on the powder for a second batch of decoction.
- Fill 1/4 or 1/3rd of a cup with decoction, add hot milk and sugar.
- Mix, froth up by pouring the coffee from a height between two glasses and serve hot.