This is a fabulously delicious cheesecake that requires little more than half an hour to prepare and rest is all in the fridge. Since i was making it for the first time, i wanted to try a simpler version. I adapted a recipe on the community website of Nigella Lawson.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a mixer/blender.
- Mix the butter and the crushed biscuits to create a wet sand like mixture.
- Grease a Springform cake dish and put the mixture in it. Spread it and flatten it to cover the entire base.
- Keep the dish in the chiller while you can prepare the topping.
- In an electric mixer, put the whipped cream, cream cheese, vanilla essence and run it.
- Zest the lemon if you would like the flakes in your cake. Add the lemon juice and the zest to the mixture.
- Run the mixer once more till the topping becomes thick and creamy.
- Take the cake dish out and spread the topping mix evenly over the biscuit base. (Make sure you check the biscuit base - it should have set )
- Refrigerate in the chiller/freezer for 4hrs to allow the cake to set.
- Keep the cake out for 15 minutes before cutting it.
- You can add fruits, berries, jam and chocolate on the top before serving.