Dosakai (Indian name) or yellow cucumber is a big spherical cucumber that is popular in the state of Kerala. This simple chutney can be made in minutes and had with rice, dosa or Idli.
Lemon Cucumber ChutneyDosakai (Indian name) or yellow cucumber is a big spherical cucumber that is popular in the state of Kerala. This simple chutney can be made in minutes and had with rice, dosa or Idli.Kavita Srinivasan
Asafoetida ( hing)
Coriander leaves (or curry leaves)
Grated Carrot (optional)
- Peel the cucumber, cut and remove the seeds. (You can also grate it)
- Roast the fenugreek seeds and red chilli in a teaspoon of oil.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients into your blender.
- Add jaggery, green chillies, coriander leaves and tamarind paste for blending.
- Run your blender and mix the ingredients without water.
- Add the cut cucumber and blend it with the mixture.
- You can now add the grated carrot if you wish.
- Leave the mixture a bit coarse and transfer it to your serving dish.
- Prepare the tempering with mustard seeds, curry leaves and a pinch of hing, and add it to the mixture.
- Your chutney is ready!